Growing up, I loved Easter. Our family was always active in church and the holiday’s were always special because of the extra time spent there. What I loved about Easter was the early sunrise mornings, the Easter Breakfasts, the orchid corsages, Easter eggs, and Easter Baskets. My most favorite was singing Christ the Lord has Risen Today with the birds!
I never knew what was going to be in our Easter baskets. It was never much, but it was always special. One year I got a hanging plant, I remember that! And of course candy and lots of it!
My favorite memory was one year we did an Easter Egg Hunt inside with our boiled Easter eggs. Some how we missed one. We found it many, many months later, when it was accidental broken. STINKY!!
When I had my first son, I wanted to make Easter special. Easter we are normally at church sunrise to about 1 p.m. So finding time for an Easter Basket was always challenging for the morning time.
One year I did a scavenger hunt, where the first clue started at home, went through the morning at church and finally lead to the Easter Basket back at home! One year I did a Church Easter baskets, where most everything could be used for the morning worship service. Last year I did Garden baskets.
Our kids love to garden. Nothing big, but enough that they get their hands dirty and can eat the veggies of their work!
This week you have a chance to win an awesome Kid’s Gardening Easter Basket! With a great assortment of some fun and hopping gardening items! Perfect for any boy or girl to start growing a little garden and have some fun with it too! Included in the basket are:
- 6 Burpee Seed packets: Zinna, Cucumber, Sunflowers, Tomatos, Peas and Carrots.
- 10 Pots for Seed Starting from Burpee. You need to add the dirt and soon you all can watch your seeds grow!
- Adorable Frog gloves and hat to keep their hands cleans clean and sun out of their eyes!
- Garden signs to put in their garden.
- A little shovel and rake to plant their seedlings into their garden!
- A watering can and spray bottle to keep their new plants happy and healthy. And to cool them off in the hot summer sun!
- And while their plants are growing there is a bug catcher to check out little bugs, a little magnify glass to see the world up close, and chalk-just to have fun!
- Sun, water and dirt not included.
This giveaway is part of ihomeschoolnetwork.com. I put the basket together with wonderful items I found at my favorite store Target. It is worth about $30. Make sure you hop on over to check out all the other great Easter Baskets put together by these great ladies!
(1) Mad Scientist Basket from Milk and Cookies
(2)†”See the Light” Easter Art Basket from Classic Housewife
(3)†Tea Time Basket from See Jamie Blog
(4)†Butterfly Basket from Spell Outloud
(5)†Family Movie Night Basket from Jennifer A. Janes
(6) Pamper the Homeschool Mom Basket from Granola Mom 4 God
(7) Freezer Cooking Basket from Motherhood on a Dime
(8) Hodgepodge Basket from Hodgepodge
(9) Healthy Living and Fitness Basket from Forever, For Always, No Matter What
(10) Making Writing Fun Basket from This Reading Mama
(11) Coffee: Fuel for Homeschooling Moms Basket from Homeschoolin’ Mama
(12) Mom’s Quiet Time Basket from Upside Down Homeschooling
(13) Missionary Basket from Our Journey Westward
(14) Happy Mom Basket from Habits for a Happy Home
(15) Crafty Goodness Basket from Mamas Learning Corner
(16) Rejuvenate the Mom Basket from Spoonful of Imagination
(17) Beginner’s Math Manipulatives Basket from Meet Penny
(18) Welcome Spring: Gardening Basket from Abundant Life
(19) Healthy Living Basket from The Encouraging Home
(20) Mom’s Pampering Basket from Teaching Mama
(21) Kid’s Gardening Basket from Momma Hopper
(22) The Gift of Parenting Basket from Teachers of Good Things
(23) Preschool Crafts Basket from It’s Gravy, Baby!
(24) All the Extras – Electives and Enrichment Basket from Curriculum Choice
(25) Homeschool Mom Basket Case Basket from Classic Housewife