Motherhood is something special. It brings great pleasure to your life, an unexplainable joy. But there are times when sorrow seeps in. A baby is lost through a miscarriage or still birth. A death of a child through an accident or illness. A child is kidnapped or murdered. A teenager runs away and is lost. A young adult is killed while serving in the military.
The unexplainable empty feeling and sorrow. The angry and frustrating. The confusion and uncertainty. A mother’s mind goes through a million miles of emotion while trying to balance the rest of her family.
Doing those times of sorrow here are 5 words of hope and bible verses I want to offer to help ease a mother’s broken heart while it mends. These are words and bible verses that have helped my heart.
- Refuge: “The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my Savior, my God, my rock in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the strength of my salvation, my stronghold.” Psalm 18: 2 (GWT). The first place I go in time of trouble is to God. I want to scream it out in other places, and sometimes I do, but I always find myself back in His Word. I find myself back in His refuge.
- Find: “My child, find your source of strength in the kindness of Christ Jesus.” 2:Timothy 2 :1 (GWT) Find your source of strength….sometimes in our darkest hour we do have to seek God. We do have to call to Him….and while we are calling to him in the darkness…He is already carrying us. He was already there.
- Restore: “God, Who shows you his kindness and who has called you through Christ Jesus to his eternal glory, will restore you, strengthen you, make you strong, and support you as suffer for a little while.” 1 Peter 5:10 (GWT) Restore me, I hold on to that, God will restore me to what it is I need.
- Love: “Continue to love each other” Hebrews 13:1 (GWT) Love each other. Love through family and friends. Love through worship and church. Even in the darkest hour, love seems to shine through….make sure you are looking for it!
- Grace: “Through the blood of his Son, we are et free from our sins. God forgives our failures because of overflowing kindness.” Ephesians 1:7 God Grace. His forgiveness. Sometimes in the darkest hour when we are mad at the world it is the hardest thing to give ourselves-His forgiveness. It is the death of Jesus that gives us His forgiveness. God’s Grace is what we need. God’s grace is what gets me through every day, through the good and through the bad. Hold on tight to God’s Grace.