The smell of freshly sharpen pencils, stacks of notebook paper, boxes of curriculum being delivered to the door and new water color paints start getting families excited for the new school year. Every summer I find myself figuring out how to set up our homeschool area/room. I looked a few years ago for some inspiration for homeschooling rooms, and didn’t find many. In the last few years and with the help of Pinterest, it seems that more moms are willing to share their homeschooling space. So I was able to take a peek into the windows of some of these homeschooling families!
I always tell people homeschooling is a lifestyle. Don’t let homeschooling over take your house. I try not to let our house look like a “classroom” But I try to let the classroom be our house. So I have moved into calling our “Homeschool Room” our “Homeschool area” because in the long run they will all end up at the kitchen table.
But each family is different and that is the nice thing about homeschooling.
You get to do it the way it fits for your family!
I am excited to be joining almost 40 other blogging homeschool moms over at iHomeschool Network for the Ultimate Guides! Have fun visiting all these great homeschooling rooms! Have a homeschool room you would like me to visit, leave a comment!
Then head over to the other Ultimate Posts and see what they have to offer! Make sure you leave comments! You could win some free books!
- Rossimorehouse is a first time homeschooling mom with some amazing ideas for their homeschooling room. One of my favorite is the hopscotch rug.
- Head over here to check out this awesome basement homeschooling area!
- Over at Frugal Fun 4 Boys use their dinning room as their homeschooling room. Many families don’t have whole separate rooms for homeschooling. I love the way she has her selves organized! Also check out her library cart!
- Here is an Ikea made over homeschooling room by iheartoganizing.
- Check out this great Chalk Desk and other awesome ideas at Heart of the Matter.
- Looking to make some book selves for your homeschool room, check out Denisein Bloom. She has instructions for her Rain Gutter bookshelves.
- Look at this great Homeschool area for younger ones! Makes sure you head over to Corner Stone Confession see what is in those containers on the edge!
- Here is another family over at Tea cups in the Garden whose homeschool room has grown up with them! Love the book selves and desk!
- Over at Confession of a Homeschooler they have done an Ikea room! And check out the work boxes on the side!
- Over at Our Homeschool Review they shared their homeschool room. They end up in our favorite place to learn, the kitchen table.
- Over at Our School is at Home you can go visit and see how school and home are just one together. And check out Dudley! Every Homeschool class room (Ok every class room) needs a teddy like this!
- Wander over to Family Team of 4 to see how this family transitions from little girl homeschooling to big girl homeschooling. (Sniff sniff, makes me sad to think of the day I have to put the art easel away!)
- At Small World at Home the actually get to use an apartment attached to their house for their homeschool adventures!
- The husband over at The Domestic Diva lost his Man Cave for a homeschooling room. Poor guy, the sacrifices we make for our kids!
- Walk on up to Homeschool Creations and see what you get above their garage.
- Have to say I am in love with the lockers over at Just a Night Owl!
- Check out this great wall idea for books over at Milk and Cookies
- Hop over to Ziesmer to see their homeschool room, plus workboxes and schedules and a whole bunch more!
- Here is the Morning Routine Wall of their school room over at Our Goodwin Journey.
- Check out the books selves on the wall at Rossimorehouse.
- At Living Life Intentionally their homeschool room is not just their room, but like most homeschooling families, it is the world.
- I love how Living a Redeemed Life took a beat up dresser and made an awesome book self for their homeschooling room!
- Here is some of our book selves we just reorganized. Our room is coming next week.
- Now at Our Busy Homeschool they have some selfs like we have!
- Over at Journey Westward their learning area has many different selves with different themes. Here is their Kindergarden selves
- Uncommon Commonness gives a nice tour of their homeschooling area! Love their door shoe storage, great for many things other than shoes! (I have many doors with these on them!)
- Go Meet Penny and see how see keeps her Arts and Craft Cabinet together.
- Mommy Life invested in a half circle school table. I love those style of tables!
- At The Momma Knows here is one of her cabinets
- Now this is a homeschooling closet organized in a June Cleaver way!
- Check out the drawers for work boxes over at Many Little Blessings.
- Check out how one mom reorganized her small homeschool area at Hall of Fame Moms.
- Over at Not Consumed they have set up these awesome desk areas for their kids to learn at.
- Over at Satori Smiles they share many different Homeschooling areas! Love the Science Station!
- At Hodgepodge she show these baskets fit into into home decoration and creates storage for some great middle school kids! I personally love the baskets and you will find them on our selves!
- Looking for some great ideas for a nature center, then pop on over to Daily Thoughts on my Tots.
- Looking for ideas on setting up a Montessori homeschooling, check out Living Montessori, they have gobs of ideas.
- Looking for ideas for a Montessori set for homeschooling your little ones, head over to Fruit in Season Blog. Check out these awesome child size selves!
What a few moms are saying about their homeschooling rooms!
- I love to browse Houzze and get lots of cool ideas! Check out their homeschool room ideas!
- Need help planning your homeschool room? Check out this awesome site called Designing Life!
- Over at Enchanted Homeschooling Mom she has a great post on some great DIY homeschooling organization ideas.
And of course head over to Pinterest and check out homeschool rooms and kid organization ideas! Sometimes just looking gives us enough confident, that we can do!
- Here is my Homeschooling board with lots of rooms to check out and lots of homeschooling ideas
- My Kid Organization Board also has many ideas for you!
- Storage is always a big issue for me. My home organization board has some creative ways to find storage.
Next week come back for the Not Back to School Blog Hop and see what our homeschooling area will look like for this year!
As an extra bonus, Apologia is generously providing four prizes:
- two copies of Rachael Carman’s How to Have a HEART for Your Kids
- two copies of Debra Bell’s The Ultimate Homeschool Planner
Four random people who comment on the posts on all the Ultimate post will win these four books. So the more you comment on the different posts, the greater your chances of winning! So make sure you leave your comment here and then head over to all the other great Ultimate post and leave you comments there!
(Winners limited to age 18 and up with US address.)