I always like to bring 7 layer salad’s to potlucks, they are easy to make and I cheat a bit by buying the prepackaged items. But here is the recipe, adapted for years and really 7 layers of anything can do. But this is what I use. (plus I get to try out this new recipe widget for my blog:))
7 Layer Salad Recipe
By March 18, 2012Published:
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
A easy fun salad you can make for your family. Easy to make for potlucks also. Adapt it as you see fit!
- 2 bags shredded lettuce You can shed your own, but this is easy.
- 1 carton cherry Tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 onion (red, green, or sweet) chopped
- 1 bag frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cup Mayo
- 3-5 Tablespoons sugar adjust for your sweetness
- 1-3 cups shredded cheese adjust for your taste
- 1 box pre packaged bacon chopped
- In small bowl mix mayo and sugar together. Let it sit.
Put one bag of shredded lettuce in. Add tomatoes, onions, and peas. Add second bag (I do this cause I like my lettuce mixed in better. You can keep it all on bottom.)
Then cheese, bacon, and spread the Mayo mixture evenly on top. I also sprinkle a little extra cheese on top.